jueves, 20 de octubre de 2016

What I'm reading now

SOCIOLOGY OF DISABILITY

Hello everybody! Today I’m gonna talk about the things that I’m reading right now.
First, I want to say that with the university rhythm, I can’t read so much, so, what I’m reading now are academic things for a subject called “Técnicas Cualitativas”.
Well, in this subject we have to choose one research problem and locate it in a specific community and work with them all the scholar year. The research problem that my group and I choose was the “Sociology of disability” and we are working with a pedagogic school which students are autistic or have some cognitive damage. For this reason, what I’m reading now are papers and research about Sociology of disability, so, as you can see, they are all academic texts.
I’m enjoying reading academic papers about Sociology of disability because I think that is a very abandon topic for the sociology and the social sciences in general, and I think that is very important to know about this topic. For other side, I have a brother with autism (students of the school where we are working) so is a very valuable knowledge to my personal and familiar life too.
Finally I want say little things that I learn about all the papers that I read. First, I learn that the handicap is a mix of a biologic aspect and social aspect, so, despite the physic or mental problem exist and you can’t overlook this, people etiquette handicaps persons like inferiors for the social consensus that you have to be functional for the system (productive system). Secondly, I learn that is crucial to change the way to see the handicapped, passing of the “personal tragedy” to a “social etiquette”. And finally I learned that all the intents to include the handicap persons are in reality, attempts to “normalize them” but not let them be like they are.
I'll see you the next week.
Bye! 

5 comentarios:

  1. I am agree that the sociology of the disability is a abandon topic. It would be interesting to see the conclusions of your investigation :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh, we group of the quantitative is working the theme of the disability. Maybe we can used this books. Regards

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Wow,It is an interesting topic to approach from sociology.
    Regards

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello, I hope that you can had the grat work. I liked this theme, I think that in psichology abandon topic.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I'm waiting for the resultsof your investigation :)

    ResponderEliminar